View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Cocoa

I believe a person knows their own body best. If you think this is nerve damage, I would go with that gut instinct. Most of the time we are right when something goes wrong, even if the doctor doesn't agree.
This may be another way to go about getting help. See a physiatrist, not only do they deal with pain, but they deal with the "whole" person from a cellular level. They can do all the pain docs do and more, including referrals if there is something with the nerves. You do need someone to pay attention to you, and listen when you tell them you think this is nerve damage.
Healing is hard enough from surgery, with out this additional worry. I would also call your surgeon once again, and state clearly, that something is wrong. Be as pro-active as you can to try to get some help. You are in some serious pain, and I so hope that some doc, will pay attention and address this issue. Troop to the ER if you have to. Sometimes the sqeeky wheel gets the greese. I am the type of person who will find the help, with every effort in order to feel better. I have switched doctors a number of times and finally found those in my corner, that have compassion and will listen to me. It took alot of effort to find these physicians. Since then, my health in general has improved. I so hope that happens for you. Please keep in touch with me. Let me know what you decide to do. Don't ignor it, fight to find the answer. I care about you, and you are not alone with dealing with it. Anyone who has experienced some severe pain, has empathy for what you are going through.
I am here to listen any time you need to talk. My prayers are with you. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote