View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taki View Post
Wow those pics are scary you poor guy I wouldn't wish it on my enemy! I'm in Brissy which means only a small choice. Was going with a vascular surgeon named Dr Ray. He says he's done heaps like 10 a year and seems really confident. I'm strongly leaning towards putting it off a few years and see how I go. Ive already had TOS for a couple years now and it seems always the same. Basically I can control whether my pulse stops or not - it's just a matter of not pulling back hard on my left shoulder and the blood flows normally. Of course when sleeping I shouldn't pull that arm up over my head.

Sorry to bother you guys with all your help and good intentions, guess time will tell.
Oh man, that is a HUGE red flag. 10 a year is NOT AT ALL "heaps." You're looking for someone who does at least 35-40 a year. That's "at least." The surgeon who did mine got 10 referrals for TOS a WEEK! And he still didn't do everything the way it probably should have been done. I would recommend finding another surgeon for a second opinion. That being said, be careful about waiting too long. symptoms can come on hard and fast and, as said before, a slew of vascular issues can pop up seemingly out of no where. You don't want to ignore this then wind up in the hospital a few months down the road because you're having severe pain in your arm from a clot or even something like a stroke.
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote