View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think alot depends on how much "damage" was done to the tissues inside. Sometimes they have to move alot of the tissue/muscles/tendons,nerves, etc. around on the inside and that can cause alot of inflammation. It takes quite awhile for that to heal.

For instance, nerves heal at the rate of one inch per month. So depending on how much damage was done to the nerves, it can take awhile for them to heal -- and while they're healing, they HURT. I don't know the healing times of muscles/tendons/etc. But I'm sure there's a lot of inflammation in there and it WILL take time to heal. The fact that they put an "alien" thing INSIDE is the reason that there was so much more damage -- they had to push so many things aside to get to the area so they could put it in.

You're going to be FINE -- it just might take awhile. But don't worry about it, okay? I know it hurts, but hopefully he'll put you on some pain meds. Ask him about it, okay? if it's not sufficient, make sure he knows about it.

Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cocoa14 (02-23-2013), ginnie (02-23-2013)