View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heya

I have dramatic cyanosis - my colour changes range from black to bright burning red - but I generally have freezing blue/ purple limbs.... and I have "cold" RSD.

Jules - I find that many of your strategies work for me too. I didn't start getting my life back from RSD (Well, with RSD) until I discovered that I was in pain doing nothing and in pain doing stuff - so tried to get on with my life. It was how I got back to college and decided to go to uni. I KNOW that anything that touches me will HURT so much - BUT - if I am on bedrest then it still hurts an awful lot.

I have taken narcotics from the beginning - I did try to stop taking all tablets for a while - but that wasn't good at all. I find, personally, that I HAVE to take some form of opiod to try and reduce my pain levels.

There does appear to be a bizzare seperation between people who work and people who don't. I have had RSD for 5 years and I am now in university full time. It is HARD, my pain generally has increased and some of the more unpleasant symptoms have got worse. BUT, if I am not able to do something with my time then I end up with WORSE pain because I am not distracting myself. There are days when I can't manage lectures or work.

I guess that with people who have a job/ course they love then they will do everything to keep working - I mean if Artist gave up proper work she would still be doing her art - and it sounds the same for you. Therefore if you were to continue it anyway it makes sense to carry on at work if you can. Eugh, not explaining this well, but I hope you got the gist!

Keep at it Love

Frogga xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote