View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I didn't look at Cleveland, so I can't speak for them, but I opted to visit Mayo for treatment after getting an initial diagnosis in Las Vegas. I found the approach they took to be exactly what I was looking for. I had an appointment with a neurologist who specializes in MG and spent close to 2 hours with her discussing my history, the disease and performing a physical exam. That was followed up with additional testing the following two days, including a follow-up appointment with the neurologist and a surgical consult.

Flights can be tricky, however, just because you get scheduled for something doesn't mean you end up having to go. The doctor wanted me to see a neuro-opthalmologist, but the appointment couldn't be done until a couple weeks later, so I wasn't able to do it. I'm sure some of it will be dependent on the complexity of your disease, but I was in and out in 3 days. If you give yourself a week, I would think you'd be able to get quite a bit of testing/appointments in. You may even end up with extra time, like I did, but better to plan for a bit too much.

Good luck!
hajile99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote