View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I started neurontin at 8 weeks post op, which basically saved my life....at 10 weeks I starting trying to back off the pain meds which I had been pretty much taking every four hours. I went through withdrawals. I have never experienced anything like that, had to go to my md to get fluids. I'm only taking extra strength tylenol along with the neurontin and a muscle relaxer. The tylenol really doesn't help and I'm just trying to deal as I am scared to go back on any narcotic. The pain seems to be going further down my spine. My left arm pain is terrible. Did you experience the pain in your upper arm, tricep and bicep area? It mostly occurs when I reach for something and gets extreme, to the point of me screaming, if I move it across my body or try to lift anything..even my iPad. It gets so hot and burns so bad I have to ice. I often wake up after apparently moving it in my sleep in so much pain. Also, my dr prescribed keterolac after surgery which I took for 2 months. I just read last week where you should not take it after spinal surgery. It's for inflammation. I asked him at my appt Wednesday and he said they use it all the time. Could this be why I'm not showing any fusion? I live hour to hour waiting til I can take the next dose of neurontin, and then when I can take my ambien at bedtime so I can try to sleep. Riding n a car even with my collar makes my neck hurt so I go to church on Sunday mornings and that's it. I've been blessed with a great job and I haven't had to to go back to work yet. There's no way I could. I can't even fix my hair. Its hard just to get pjs on because I can't use my left arm to pull pants up. I know I should like I'm having a pity party but I am hitting some low points. I can't even tell you how many times dark thoughts entered my mind, especially during the first 8 weeks before I got on the neurontin. Thanks or listening. My family has been great but I can't say these things to them. Knowing so many of you know what I'm going through helps so much.
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote