View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I think alot depends on how much "damage" was done to the tissues inside. Sometimes they have to move alot of the tissue/muscles/tendons,nerves, etc. around on the inside and that can cause alot of inflammation. It takes quite awhile for that to heal.

For instance, nerves heal at the rate of one inch per month. So depending on how much damage was done to the nerves, it can take awhile for them to heal -- and while they're healing, they HURT. I don't know the healing times of muscles/tendons/etc. But I'm sure there's a lot of inflammation in there and it WILL take time to heal. The fact that they put an "alien" thing INSIDE is the reason that there was so much more damage -- they had to push so many things aside to get to the area so they could put it in.

You're going to be FINE -- it just might take awhile. But don't worry about it, okay? I know it hurts, but hopefully he'll put you on some pain meds. Ask him about it, okay? if it's not sufficient, make sure he knows about it.

Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, lee
Thank you for your reply!
I keep reading where the nerves heal at app 1inch/month, but how does it work? For instance, if I have damaged nerves in my neck and arm, will the nerves heal from the top down so that I will see improvements first in my neck, then shoulder, then arm, wrist? Or does it heal at the same time? Your insight into this is so very appreciated.
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote