View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I get this too. The biggest thing for me is to avoid things that trigger my RSD...primarily anything cold. I wear gloves all the time now because I am so sensitive to it. If my pain flares then my hand/hands claw up and I cannot straighten them out at all. Last time it happened was a couple of days ago when it was super cold out and my car door was frozen shut. I couldn't use my right arm at all and the hand clawed up. Made it to work and couldn't even take my coat off all day. When I got home from work I managed to get into a hot bath with Epsom salts, followed by ultrasound heat therapy, lidocaine cream, and a heating pad for a couple of hours...that finally got me to a point where I could move my arm.

I have found this can also happen if I hold things for a long period of time. I like to stitch but have had to adjust the way I "hold" the stitching frame so that I am more propping it on my fingers or on the table because holding it in my hand will cause the clawing and pain. This also happened when I tried to use a duster at work...only a couple minute in my hand clawed and there was ridiculous pain. So...cold and immobilization are what seem to do me in. If I can avoid those things then it's rare that this happens. Of course...it's impossible to avoid these things all together and still live your life.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fbodgrl (02-24-2013)