View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajile99 View Post
I didn't look at Cleveland, so I can't speak for them, but I opted to visit Mayo for treatment after getting an initial diagnosis in Las Vegas. I found the approach they took to be exactly what I was looking for. I had an appointment with a neurologist who specializes in MG and spent close to 2 hours with her discussing my history, the disease and performing a physical exam. That was followed up with additional testing the following two days, including a follow-up appointment with the neurologist and a surgical consult.

Flights can be tricky, however, just because you get scheduled for something doesn't mean you end up having to go. The doctor wanted me to see a neuro-opthalmologist, but the appointment couldn't be done until a couple weeks later, so I wasn't able to do it. I'm sure some of it will be dependent on the complexity of your disease, but I was in and out in 3 days. If you give yourself a week, I would think you'd be able to get quite a bit of testing/appointments in. You may even end up with extra time, like I did, but better to plan for a bit too much.

Good luck!
Thanks. When I originally made the appointment last year, they said to plan on at least seven days due to the complexity...they also were willing to see me within two weeks after telling me it would be several months. My doctor talked me out of it, though, and said to see the spasticity expert here and see the results of the thymectomy first. Its been about six months now and I'm just getting worse. I think I'll switch to Mayo, though. They know MG and originally came up with SPS.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote