View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There are over 400 fava bean seeds planted on Bean Acres now...many more to go. The rains have been coming every few days and keeping the ground too soggy to work. Kept busy in the greenhouse today (filling more flats with potting soil, weeding beds, cleaning walkways ,and getting ready to get a load of of sawdust . Dad and I managed to get a load of bamboo cut/ loaded and home this week. Anxious for the ground to dry out some so we can get another load ( a farmer cut down a small forest of them not too far away). It is beautiful and will make great trellis's and fencing for beans to climb.( Have several new varieties of pole green beans this year to try.) EAT MORE BEANS !!
Started some tomato and pepper seeds in the house last nite ( they need bottom heat to germinate and an unheated greenhouse that goes down to almost the outside temperature is not very suitable for them (it has gotten down to 21 degrees in there /17 outside.....too cold for me. ..let alone tomatoes. The water hose has frozen several times
Still doing well on Rhodiola, several friends are too. I am nearly back to my old energy level/ went to a Contra Dance (like square dancing) last week and danced every dance for almost 2 hrs. Hadn't gone in a very long time..usually danced every other one. Feel good. Got alot of work ahead, clearing soil for planting, getting the chicken coup re-vamped for this year (peeps are in tractor supply already...seems very early. They are so cute...but I am not ready for them yet!)
I read that sesame seeds help to prevent loss of muscle control and mental decline in Huntington's Disease...has anyone used them for PD????
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MeAndPD (03-04-2013)