Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had Insomnia since the injury in June 2010, worsening over time.

I might sleep 3 - 4 hours max, most times 2.5 to 3.

I don't have to nap during the day, I just will sorta 'pass out' for a bit; my wife says she will see me slouch, and see that I am not falling out of the computer chair, and leave me be - I usually wake in about 5 to 10 minutes.

I will sometimes just give up after a few of these episodes and put my feet up in the recliner and let myself go; I will then maybe go for 15 to 20 minutes, deep sleep, with occasional snoring per the wife (we even have attached my pulse oximeter to watch my O2 - never below 90 - 92%) - and those times I will wake with a scare-type reaction, but never recall why.

When I went for my SSDI Psych IME , he asked "so what total daily sleep do you get?" - I estimated maybe 5 hours including those nods; and he shook his head and made notes without further comments.

My last I.M.E. with the Neurosurgeon for the opposition was after the Psych IME, and he told me "you look bad" - Im sure that won't make it into his report.

Anyway......yes, Insomnia is something I get.

When I lived in Utah (Duchesne), I loved getting out in the snow, but would not even think about it now. I can imagine your cabin fever. Sorry guy.

Best Wishes.

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-24-2013)