View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mokey said, "The test does not usually get to the heart of some major deficits, such as those related to executive functions, planning, motivation, apathy, detachment, multi-tasking abilities."

This depends on the battery of tests used in the NPA. The MMPI-II should point to some of the psychological issues, motivation, apathy, etc. Multi-tasking is part of the trail making test and some tests that create a conflict to thought processes but they are often visually oriented. Your NP may have chosen to not have you do some tests because they were not relevant to his directive from the insurance co or he already was aware of you difficulty in that area. He may have also pre-determined that multi-tasking was not going to be a strong skill for you.

My two NPA used mostly different tests to measure the same functions. The Halsted Reitan Battery used to be the gold standard but more recently, NP's have used other batteries of tests or designed their own battery of tests.

So, it is hard to predict what the NPA will be like. Attorney Gordon Johnson discusses the differences in NPA batteries at www.tbilaw.com and wwwsubtlebraininjury.com

Best to just relax and take the tests and let your symptoms/limitations show themselves.

My best to you as you decide this issue.

There are tests that measure executive function. I am surprised your NPA report did not comment on executive functioning.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote