View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I've had GI issues, too

I have two SCS's and also have had GI issues for some time. For me, I don't think they are related. I have changed my diet as I think as I'm aging that I don't digest food as well or as fast, and it has made a huge difference. Have had to stop eating high fiber foods and eat smaller meals and chew, chew, chew to make sure is easily digestible. I had been dealing with a lot of nausea, lack of appetite, easily constipated and feeling really bloated most of the time. Couldn't figure out why as I'm not a big eater.

GI dr. said it's Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which it may be, given the stress we are all under when dealing with pain issues. All I know is that changing my diet, drinking much more water and staying away from certain foods has helped a lot. Plus I've lost almost 20 pounds! So, for me, it's a matter of what I'm putting in my mouth and the stress that's affecting my GI track. Just my two cents (make that three, what with inflation and all)
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-24-2013), Hana (03-05-2014), Mark56 (02-25-2013), Nanc (02-24-2013), Rrae (02-27-2013)