View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mine was recent and IMO the largest part of the testing was measuring my psychological health. Drove me crazy. 1300 written questions (fill in the dot, true or false) measuring if I think street drugs are ok, measuring if I'm a liar, measuring if I think it's ok to steal to get ahead... I was stumped as to why any of this mattered. It sure was exhausting.

It's just my opinion but I'm glad I didn't pay for the entire day, because I felt the tests given were somewhat stupid and a waste of time.

The parts I did like were the oral tests measuring my spatial skills, my memory, my vocabulary... Actual real life skills as opposed to whether I'm a depressed drug seeking liar and thief.

The oral test was less than half the day. The report isn't ready yet so I'm not sure yet if it was worth it. Will keep you posted on my thoughts there.

I'm sure they all use different measures and tests depending on who is paying them and what the desired finding is about. (in my case WCB is paying them so it's no surprise the majority of the testing was to see if I'm a liar, but it was still stupid and exhausting)

Also of note, the NP day (including travel and a winter storm) took so much out of me, my setback is still ongoing 10 days later. It was the worst setback I've had to date, setting me back at least a couple months all the way to the full head, swollen feeling, ears tight and ringing, completely dazed, fresh injury feeling.
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote