View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1977 View Post
Jlorainne: Thanks for the update. I wish you the best with your surgery and your recovery! I am new to the community, but I had surgery by Dr. Thompson on June 14th of this year for right arterial TOS (resection of first rib and cervical rib, scalene removal, and aneurysm repair). I was in the hospital for 4 nights and then stayed at the Parkway Hotel for 2 more nights before my post-op check-in. I came in from out of town and had family with me the whole time.

I was very pleased with Dr. Thompson and his staff. Everyone was extremely professional, and it really did help so much with my anxiety knowing that I was with one of the best surgeons for this condition. The nursing staff were very familiar with TOS and the recovery process. The first few days were rough, but I had good pain control and mainly just slept a lot. I had very low energy and quite a bit of pain the first 4 weeks after surgery, but I'm doing a lot better now. I am back at work and also doing PT twice a week which I think is helping a lot.

Just wanted to wish you all the best moving forward! I really trust Dr. Thompson for these types of surgery. Like you wrote, you have a serious case and it just makes sense to go to someone who does a bunch of these. Take care!
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I'm having surgery with Dr. Thomspon in 9 days, and I will also be traveling from out of town. I have venous TOS and will be having the 1st rib resection, scalenectomy, and repair of my subclavian vein. I'm not sure how far you had to travel, but I'm curious if you were reimbursed for any travel expenses. If not, I'm wondering if I offer to be a patient for research, then maybe they will pay for my lodging, travel, and food for every follow up visit. Do you know anything about this by chance?
lsmith1508 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-24-2013), ginnie (02-24-2013)