View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith1508 View Post
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I'm having surgery with Dr. Thomspon in 9 days, and I will also be traveling from out of town. I have venous TOS and will be having the 1st rib resection, scalenectomy, and repair of my subclavian vein. I'm not sure how far you had to travel, but I'm curious if you were reimbursed for any travel expenses. If not, I'm wondering if I offer to be a patient for research, then maybe they will pay for my lodging, travel, and food for every follow up visit. Do you know anything about this by chance?
I had neurogenic thoracic outlet surgery with Dr Thompson on Jan 11th of this year. I traveled 5 hrs. I had the 1st rib resection scalenectomy and peck minor release. I stayed in the hospital 4 nights and hotel 3 nights. My husband had to stay in the hotel the whole time so we had a $1000 hotel bill. I did not really pursue reimbursement thru the Dr office but my insurance would not cover it. I think we were there a total of 9 nights since we had to be there two days before surgery to have a few office appts and do preregistraton. If u have any questions I would b happy to tell u my experience.
TellerMomof3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-24-2013)