Thread: Burning smell?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Have had this problem off and on for nearly 7 years

I have had a "something's burning" smell off and on over the past seven years.

Recently, it started up again about a week ago. Normally I would use Vicks VapoRub to cover the smell, but last night, I didn't have the Vicks, so I pulled up my t-shirt, covered my nose and breathe through my shirt for about a minute. After removing my shirt from covering my nose, I didn't have the smell for about an hour. I did notice that while I had my nose covered with my shirt, breathing through my shirt, I did not experience the burning smell.

I have read that this is a neurological problem, but if that is true, then wouldn’t I still smell the burning smell even while breathing through my shirt?

I know for certain it is not a smell in the room or the house. About two years ago, I purchased a Sanyo ABC-VW24 Air Washer Air Purification System with Electrolyzed Water Technology. It runs 24-hours a day. If an odor or unclean air is in the room, the clean air indicator turns from green to red. The air purifier is so sensitive to odors, that when I walk in the room with a fresh cup of coffee and close the door, the clean air indicator immediately goes from green to red.

I also read somewhere that the burning smell happens when dryer sheets are used during your clothes drying cycle. The t-shirt I covered my nose with was dried in a cycle using a dryer sheet. So for me, the dryer sheet is not the cause of the burning smell.

I am so confused. So now, when the smell comes, I use my shirt or a handkerchief or tissue to breathe through.

I wish I had the answer and the cure.
SmokeySmell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote