View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbullet View Post
Hi everyone. Just a brief overview first.
2.5 years of -Neurogenic bladder, numbness in hands in the a.m, burning sensations anywhere and everywhere except head, and gut wrenching stomach burning, bloating,pressure. Weak and painful forearms down to wrist both sides ,arthritis in fingers, painful to squeeze any finger. Pelvic pain, sensitivity, endometriosis, PCOS, and more recently, suspected fibromyalgia. Lucky eh!!!??
Take Lyrica 75 mg at night and oxycodone 20mg 3-4x daily
Age 29,female. No known cause of the neuropathy. Nerve conduction study Tuesday.

I take methylcobalamin 1000mcg every morning before eating. Tested many times and levels are good. Take vitamin d3 2000IU drops every day
Was taking alpha lipoic acid for many months, but ran out
Started L Carnitine complex ( so it has vit c, e, and coq10 in it) by Innovite.
I go to the gym for cardio 3-4 x a week. I do not drink alcohol.

Is there anything else I can do? I still suffer greatly and fight terror every single day that things will only get worse. The worst part is the way that my intestines feel like they are being squeezed and set on fire. Even when I press lightly on my abdomen it hurts like hell.
I've had ultrasounds and a laparoscopy,where they found endometriosis which was removed 1.5 yrs ago.

I feel like I am disabled. I need hope..I am beginning a new career and just met a lovely man.

Is there anything obvious I can do? Perhaps increase the supplements or lyrica?
Thank you kindly for your time.
I take supplements too, but mostly I eat healthy food. Get your thyroid checked because for years I was told my thyroid was normal and found out I had under active thyroid that went hyper and was suffering what I thought was a lot of anxiety/ autonomic symptoms and was finally diagnosed with Graves Disease. I had very high T4 and almost non existent TSH. Anyways I also find that a warm soothing bath takes the edge off every night and with my neuropathy there seems to be inflammation involved so I take Alka Seltzer. I also exercise and do Ballet. It's really hard because you are very young and should be more carefree. My PN started at 32 and I am 40 now. It actually went away for 3 years but surgery and a bad car accident in the same month sent my thyroid completely out of whack and the PN came back with a vengeance. By the way Kudos on meeting a great guy, enjoy that as much as you can. Try to keep the pain controlled and talk to your GP or whoever about pain management because pain if left to its own devices will ruin your outlook on life and self esteem. Your very young and have a long life to lead, therefore try to stay positive about all this, have a good support network in place, be active, and keep good records of all tests and treatments you have and what has worked, what has made things worse and so forth. You may find patterns over time and be able to manage this better.

Ps. With your Gyno problems it sounds as if your hormones may be out of whack. Estrogen & progesterone due to the PCOS and so forth. I have been reading up on how hormones affect our bodies and on a women's health forum, a surprising number of women on there claim they have neuropathy of unknown origin as they get closer to menapause. I know you are too young for that but hormone imbalances are a definite cause for neuropathy.

Best of luck,
Aussie

Last edited by Aussie99; 02-25-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote