View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclecrash View Post
A neuoropsychologist is a great support during the Pcs journey! My NP says she is my concussion Sherpa and it is her job to be my guide along the way Just knowing the reasons why things are happening, that they are a normal part or recovering from concussion and that they will get better or go away is a huge help!

Just having someone understand and believe what you're going through helps. Mine has also been fabulous at explaining things to my doctor, disability company and family when I wasn't able to very well. Of course this all doesn't come cheap! Everyone should be seeing one if they can afford it or have insurance coverage!

CC
Cyclecrash, you are absolutely right! Just having someone who can answer your questions is so important. My neuropsychologist has explained to me about all my symptoms and it has helped me understand what my potential triggers are and as a result I am better equipped to deal with them. It is also important to hear that everyones reaction to PCS is different and that because of the changes that are happening now, and that symptoms are coming and going that I will get better. What is more since seeing her I slept 6hrs the first two nights and 8-9 hrs last night, this time last week and since my injury I have been getting 3hrs sleep. Stressing about symptoms will not help your recovery, but keeping a diary and logging positive changes and achievements will help.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote