View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is a nice place. Like I said, I'll be staying.

I don't care for the lack of editing abilities but I do like that I don't feel like I've got to watch every word I say, the way I feel over at BT, which is why I don't post there very much anymore.

Chemar, it's really not personal... there's a fair group of us that have been hanging out together for quite a few years. Since the big BT crash, most of us, though we've stayed in contact with eachother, have had a hard time settling anywhere and we all seem to be pining for somewhere that we can do so as a complete group again... the way we used to be.

This has more to do with the amount of data and research (and recipes geared to diff. sensitivities) we had accumulated over the years (to share with people who wanted to know more than just "Do I need to get new pots?"). It was an enormous collection that has not yet been seen anywhere else on the net. We were, I think, 'literally' dumbfounded with our loss.

This has left us in a position where we have not been able to trust anyone else with our data and though we continue to research, it is at less than 1/2 the vigour with which we used to collect abstracts and articles to pontificate over re: validity; applicability to daily life, etc.

Quote:
Another option for edit & updating info
- place the new or updated info as a new post/thread, then when searched for it will come up before the older info post.
Or if the older info is fairly recent you can quote and make the correction or updates that way.
This is a great suggestion and I appreciate the spirit in which it was offered. However, it doesn't work for us re: our 'collections' and conversations. You see, when new people came in to our section and started posting 'conversation', we used to be able to ask them to start a new thread for that and delete their one conv. post so that our data files stayed relatively neat and tidy. It would all just be too scattered to do a new post every single time... and then difficult when discussion takes place to allocate, and refer to for example, eight, different threads.

I hope that explains a bit why some of us 'oldies' are still stewing and holding onto old resentments... and the fact that they don't really have much to do with this place at all. On the contrary, we were happy to see 'brain' people who need support, have somewhere else to go.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)