Thread: Burning smell?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I get the burning smell sometimes too... during the day its not too bad, I will sometimes wander around and investigate and just make sure nothing is burning if I'm here alone. If someone else is home, I might just ask "do you smell something burning?"... no one ever does.

The only time is causes a problem is at night... for a while I was waking up every night, a couple times a night, thinking the house was on fire from the smell... after installing a few more smoke detectors and making sure all the batteries were brand new, I started using Blistex (in the tube) at night on my lips and under my nose and that seems to help.

Similar to the vicks, but it is good to keep lips moisturized and if you ever have a cold and get red under your nose, it heals it up right away and takes the "ouch" out of it. The Blistex product has a strong smell to it like Vicks, so I guess that's why it works the same way.

Also, during the day if the burning smell is really irritating me, using strong mouth wash will make it go away for a while.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-26-2013)