View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Down It is very possible......

To go through periods where you lose your response to your medication regimen. This sucks, big time, because you become "non-functional" in a sense, and it can be very scary, with hypotensive events where you wonder if this is the "moment" and it will soon be over.. However, it seems like, for all the torture of PD , you just keep on living, living with pain from dystonia (muscular cramping), the tremor which is horrible, and the roiling dyskinesias ( which are extremely uncomfortable and often painful) living in a world that you would rather withdraw from. One begins to withdraw, as one loses function, yet MUST find the courage to carry on. That is why PD is so devastating to young onsets. They must be prepared to take care of themselves as well as their children, spouses and even parents. It becomes just to much to handle, and many just give up under the intense pressure. Over the last year, I have also taken a serious turn for the worse, but I will keep trying, I mean, it is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all. I am sure that there are medication changes that may buy some precious functional time.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (02-25-2013), NorCalGal (02-25-2013), Thelma (02-25-2013), TrishaPDX (02-28-2013)