View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ginnie is right. Once you've had surgery, you WILL experience the domino effect, and the levels above and below the surgery site will fail, and that means further surgery. Surgery is NOT FOR PAIN. Surgery is ONLY for mechanical problems. So if you're thinking that your pain will be relieved, think again because usually after surgery you'll have the same pain or worse. You'll still need pain medications.

Like Ginnie said, you need at LEAST 2 other opinions before you agree to surgery. I'd suggest Physical therapy for a good while, because latest studies have shown that people who have had surgery get the same results as people who have had physical therapy! The ONLY way i'd have more surgery is if I was in danger of paralyzation or permanent nerve damage.

I had my surgeries before the internet, so I didn't know even 1/4 of what I know now. I've done loads of research because BOTH my surgeries were failures and I wanted to know why! Well, I found out why. It was because the doctor didn't tell me half of what he should have told me. And he didn't give me any other options. He just said I had to have surgery! And being the naive idiot I was, I trusted him.

I wish you the very best -- please let us know what you decide and how things go. God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote