Thread: New Diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden8680 View Post
I'm sorry to hear

As for the back & legs, the nerves to your legs run around your lower back, so it's possible the nerve is being pinched and causing tingling and discomfort in her legs/upper thigh/butt area. I had this EXACT thing happen to me in January (January 1st..happy new year lol). Ice helped a bit (be careful with heat, because heat loosens the muscles and not good for MG, maybe only do it for 5 minutes to get the quick relief but not too much to really weaken her muscles in that area too much), and just have her keep her legs up. It hurts a lot but it will go away. Tylenol helped me also!

My lower back pain had a few contributing factors: I work in retail and it was just after Christmas, I think it all caught up to me from working. On top of that I was having my period (sorry for TMI but it's useful to know), and lower back pain is a PMS symptom. For me, I get the nerve pinches, sometimes it feels like I can't even stand straight up. Women with Myasthenia get weaker around that time of the month, so I think my muscles also got extra weak from that, causing me to have EXTREME nerve pinching and discomfort. I just did ice, a bit of light heat, tylenol, and didn't work for a week.

Hope this helps and she feels better soon!
I so appreciate the folks on here. Such a comfort in trying times!
Thomaslc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote