View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, I had a spontaneous CSF leak that started one night in April 2012 and progressed until June. Excruciating pain and vomiting caused me to go the emergency room 3 times, once by ambulance. Intracranial hypotension was diagnosed after an MRI and a blood patch was done June 11th. They told me to take it easy for 1 day then resume my normal schedule, which I did. Two weeks later it failed and a second blood patch was done June 26th. This time they told me to lay completely flat for 7 days following the procedure. I was taking no chances on being in pain like that ever again so I withdrew from school for a term, stayed home and took it easy. By late August my head was feeling less like wood and I could walk up and down the stairs. I returned to school August 27th and have been perfect ever since, 5 months. I do take it easy physically, and I would not do ANYTHING that might contribute to me ever having another leak. I, like you, really wanted to read about people who got better, which is why I took the time to write to you. Take care and I wish you the best!
MsJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mullein (07-12-2016)