View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Everyone

I will def ask more questions and may PM some of you as well if you dont mind. I had a slight disc bulge prior to the accident and had a fairly recent MRI - I was told at that time by a different doc to consider a fusion but it would be necessary as some point. I do have some mild nerve damage on left side. I now have bulges in the 3 discs above the c7 and that is just mm next to my spinal cord lining After the accident I have more pain but the shots help just temporarily. I often feel like someone is standing on me face down with their foot pressed on the back of my neck with some force or that I have been wacked in the back of the head by a bb bat. In any case I also suffered a mtbi and now have chronic headaches in the migraine\tension range. I dont think the surgery is going to help them and after reading the surgery is primarily for mechanical vs pain I have more to think about.

I dont have any family near or close friends as i often traveled so most of my support is not close to my home. I am wondering what i will be able to do and not do until I can drive on my own - to get groceries\scripts\go to appts etc..

I meet with the doc next week. BTW my doc is ortho surgeon not a neuro surgeon ?? What type doc did you have and does it make a difference?

I am pretty sure it is a sooner or later for the surgery as well and with the MVA and not sure how much longer I will have medical ins so I have to take that into account as well.