Thread: Bedsores
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
This is rather out of the blue, but does anyone have any thoughts on treating bedsores?

I have developed a sore on my left buttock. There's a bruise and the buttock is quite painful. The skin is more or less intact and I am mindful of the potential for infection. I've been cleaning the area with betadyne and bandaging it with neosporin. I tried some Calmoseptine, but all it did was dry it out, which is what I did not want.

How to go with this? I can't sit down because of the bedsore and I can't stand on my feet for long because of the PN.

Thanks.
Hi, it is up to you but I don't think I would put anything on it without having your doctor look at it. Some creams can worsen certain conditions. I agree with Mrs. D unless you don't move around alot you should not have bed sores. It is unusual to have breakdown if you are able to get out of bed on even turn from side to side. If it is skin breakdown there are certain bandages that have medication in them that can aid in healing and helps to relieve the pain.
Good Luck with everything. Keep us posted
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote