View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Going back a ways

When I was in high school - long, long time ago - we only had healthy food in the vending machines. We had one machine that dispensed fruit. Real, whole fruit. Apples, oranges, pears, sometimes peaches or plums, if they were in season. The machine usually ran out before the end of the day, but if we knocked on the cafeteria door and told the workers, they would refill it. There was also a drinks machine that had milk and fruit juices only. No soda. And there was a snacks machine that had a small assortment of nuts, popcorn and a couple of other things. Might have had the peanut butter crackers or pretzels, but I don't remember. I don't think that there was anything really unhealthy in it - definately not the stuff you see in machines today.
Now, this was a high school - TEENAGERS - and the machine that usually ran out was the fruit machine.
All these places that say they can't have healthy snacks because they'll lose money never offered people healthy snacks. And apples and oranges are VERY easy to vend.
Debbie
debbiewil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote