View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Mayo can be helpful but they can also be utterly, well, useless. I'm glad some of you guys had a great experience but that isn't always the case. I don't "agree" with the course of action that Cleveland outlined. Yes, Mayo sets you up with one "primary" doctor but can and will toss you all over the place for help from other doctors if necessary.

Choose what you believe is best for you. You don't need to add the stress of traveling far but you also don't want to repeat doctoring over and over again if Cleveland doesn't get you what you need. I hope wherever you go that you can try to have someone go with you.

You have a complex health situation and do need more help. I hope the doctor who refers you will make it clear that you might need more than a neurology consult while there. They need to look at your entire health picture to know what's going on and what you can do about it.

I really hope you can figure out what will work to make you better. At some point, you might have to come to the acceptance that what you're going through completely sucks and there might not be more or better treatments. I don't think you've been evaluated thoroughly enough yet to come to any conclusions yet, however. IMO.

Only you can decide what's best for you. You deserve to have the best doctoring possible.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 02-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote