Thread: Bone grafting
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Brianna, thanks so much for your thoughts.

Yes, my bottom molars were extracted some 10 years ago and no dentist advised me about the situation I am in now, where the top molars would start dropping because they wouldn't have the bottom teeth to brace on.

The the rear two top molars just fell out and I have one molar on each top side left but they are very very loose and the x-rays show they are just being held in place by the gum, there is no bone left.

The top molars themselves were in good condition, no fillings, and I'm just so upset that I wasn't told what would happen if I didn't address the missing lower teeth. And this was over a ten year period of going to the dentist twice a year for cleans .

Brianna, I've had a huge education by finding your site a few days ago. Thank you so much for the valuable info you are publishing here. I am astounded that root canals are just a temporary quick fix, not a solution to a problem as we are often led to believe.

I've never worn a denture but I think this is the course I'll follow, maybe a supper-dooper state of the art one until modern medicine can develop a less invasive way of bone growth.

I'm seeing the oral surgeon in about 2 weeks and will also look into the mini's just to be informed.

Thank you again, I feel less panicky now

I will look into the mini's, even if
Wire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote