Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndPD View Post
Soccertese and others,

I just posted my trip report from the Robert Rodgers 3rd annual Parkinson's Recovery Summit in Santa Fe. He's an awesome guy and not in this to make money! Perhaps "recovery" is too strong a word, but he definitely has catalogued many tools and practices that can reduce PD symptoms. His weekly internet radio show is free and archived for download. His new 2013 edition of the "Road to Recovery" is 368 pages choc full of useful info from the many guests he has interviewed. His mother had Parkinson’s and his passion is to help persons with Parkinson’s feel better using approaches that are natural and have no side effects. It's great to know there are alternatives and complementary practices to traditional western medecine.

-Brian
i'm sure that many useful tips to reduce pd symptoms were presented, i imagine anyne would feel better from tai chi, etc. yes, i resent the use of the term "recovery", i think taking sinemet, containing naturally occurring l-dopa is "natural". glad you enjoyed the get together. i also doubt they invited anyone who had no success with the "treatments" you mentioned and i ask again, how many of the presenters are making a living off their pd and have fully documented their diagnosis and improvement? the placebo affect in pd is huge but transient.
always the skeptic. i wonder how many at the get together are seeing neuros and have rx's for pd meds?
why does having his mother die of pd and "caring" make him qualified to give pd advice or sell a book?
the first thing i was asked at any clinical trial i applied for was to document when i was first diagnosed and who my GP was. any independent verification of pd is conspiculously absent by the speakers.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (02-26-2013)