View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello jinga

Please have at least one of your referrals be a Neurologist that specializes in spinal issues. This is essential. Ortho are good for other things, but when it comes to the nerves in your spine, you must go a step further for evaluations. I would never have done either of my surgeries with othopedic person.
My second fusions C3-7, was done because all those verterbre, toppeled over on each other, that domino effect Leesa and I talked about. I was indeed at risk of being paralized from it. I had absolutely no way to turn my head. I did have structure issues, not just pain from squashed disks. I now have trouble below the fusion site, T1-2-3. So I am just very careful. I can drive and all, but I must turn completely around to look over my shoulder, releasing my seat belt to do so.
Please do go with a neurosurgeon, and make sure your doctor knows, that you know about the domino effect. Some people do better than others with it. Ask about PT too, and if he feels this is a good thing to try first. Don't go to a chiropractor, without dicussion with the neurologist. Bad idea....I was told to do this by a general practice physician, and that was the worst thing I could have done. He suggested that before I had any xrays! Because I wasn't screaming and yelling, perhaps he didn't think it was as bad as it was, I don't know. Just be careful, and consider all your options with an educated mind. That is your real strength, to understand all the information presented, so you can make an educated decision. I am hoping all this turns out OK for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. None of it is easy, ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote