View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalkire View Post
As some of you remember I had ACDF surgery c/3 thru c/6, back on 8/29. Well I never healed. I remember right after I awoke after surgery, both hands were already numb, tingling and brning. Dr said that would go away. It hasnt, in fact, its all worse than before surgery. I had pain in left shoulder & bicep on left side. And horrible swallowing issues, dr said it would get better. NONE of it has! I still only eat soft foods, small bites and very slowly. Pills I take one at a time.Finally CAT scan revealed more issues and one of the screws from plate is pressing into my esophogus. Im scared!!!!

On March 11th I am scheduled for surgery again to remove plate (which is also too large for my neck)I feel as if Ive lost myself in all of this. My poor family all they do is take care of me. I cant even roll over in bed by myself. I wake my husband sho then helps me to roll. The pain in neck and head is horrible!

Ive slept through the night 3 times since srgery yes, I meant 3! AND.... Still on pain meds. Such a crazy ride!!! Insane really. So this surgery he will go through front, remove screws and plate. then "flip" me over and then do posterier for the rest. Im 41 years old. What are the odds this will help me? I feel as if Im backed into a corner.

And this hasnt even started any of my lower lumbar. Except for injections and physical therapy we havent even addressed my lumbar issues which kills me ALL the time too!

So I have MRI results from test I had in April of last year I will post it later and maybe someone can help me decipher it???

WE have now applied for SSI through local DSHS office. My income right now consists of the 197.00 cash they give me and the 200 in food stamps lol this is what my life has come to lol HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!
Praying for the best outcome possible! What 'device' did he use that was too big? Mine used ROI-C and I've read that there are diff sizes that the surgeon chooses from. I'm having similar problems, 15 weeks post op, and I'm scared. Trying to stay positive. Please please keep me posted on your upcoming surgery and recovery. Try to sty positive and hang in there.
Also, at what point did he decide the device was too big? Did you have a MRI or anything after the surgery before now? Have you started to fuse? My dr said my MRI 3 weeks post op looked good and thinks my pain will stop when I fuse. ?
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote