View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

We had built an empire of informative posts that we frequently updated and kept linked in indexes~ always at our fingertips when we wanted them.

We've tried explaining many times and many ways why editing is important to us... so I won't re-hash all that, but we just can't recreate what we had at BT without the ability to re-enter old posts and continually update them. We haven't even begun to try to recreate here what we once had. At first because motivation was low, and now, because we couldn't even if we wanted to.

Then, the split was very difficult on the group as a whole, period. We all had different experiences at BT, and different interpretations of each other's experiences there...but the bottom line... is that some people felt eager to start a new home here and others felt more at home at BT.... and some didn't care where we were, but they wanted the group together.

I don't really feel at home anywhere anymore . I still read here and there, and I spent this morning at celiac.com forums. I'm sort of blowing in the wind... trying to hang out wherever most of us seem to be.

Kim, I haven't changed my mind that broader based forums reach a wider audience of people who wouldn't even know to suspect gluten sensitivity. Most of the hits to The Gluten File come from google searches... and often times from things one wouldn't necessarily connect to celiac disease or food sensitivity... so at least that is good.

Anyway, I still long for what we once had... but I'm not sure I see the road back .

Cara