View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Appealing the Termination of my Short-Term Disability

Any advice from someone that has been through it? Thankfully, my cognitive symptoms have lifted, so its not as daunting of a task as it would have been a month ago. I actually was "released to work" by my doctor yesterday, although I was laid off while on disability, so I won't actually be returning to work. My disability payments were put on hold while they reviewed my case on December 13th and then I was notified January 29th that my disability was terminated as of December 13th, because a medical review determined I didn't have post-concussion syndrome. HA! That was like a slap in the face. I am appealing to get the payments from December 13th to February 26th, more because I feel like an injustice was done than for the actual money. It seems wrong that you pay for insurance, and then you get screwed like this. I have new evidence to submit, so I'm hoping that will help, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't get my hopes up . . .

I also feel like this reflects badly on me to my previous employer, as if I was just trying to scam the system and wasn't really injured, but there's not enough money at stake to hire a lawyer over, and I'm afraid the insurance company knows that. Ugh!
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote