View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default VP Shunt

Hello and thank you for the information thus far! Seems this Colloid cyst and then having a VP shunt afterwards is a rarity as I have not really heard from many on it. Am I one of the few that this has happened to? I am wondering if my surgeon did something wrong with the original surgery to cause this? My shunt is now only 5 days old, I still have a lot of pain and soreness. The ns refuses pain medication as he said it is his experience that it is not needed a few days after surgery. This is my second brain surgery in 30 days! I just don't understand how they can "mainline" morphine into you and give you oral pain medication on top of that every 4 hours while in the hospital and then send you home wth 20 tablets and expect you will be just fine! Is that normal? Am I just being a baby with the pain? I can take some pain but with all of the other problems why are they forcing it on me? I just don't know what to do at this point. My ns is worried about addiction - just get me through this and I will worry about addiction at a later point! How addicted can a person get when they truly need the medications and have only taken 20 tablets? Should I get another Dr? Has anyone else gone through this, please! I need help!
MissHollyInAz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote