View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well Todd

I will be 75 years young in August and had 4 children of my own by the time I was 23. I have seen the ravages of what some refer to as truth in the children of many ages and it is not always beneficial to them no matter what the so called experts say.

Children can absorb a lot of information and sort through that what pertains to themselves personally and ignore the rest. True NO

They trust adults and believe that what they are saying is right and truthfull. that is good, right?

In a way it is but are the adults to be belileved and relied upon as being guides. I wish it were true but it is not.

The adults of today are the children I have seen from babies to what they have become now.

Am I disappointed well you had better believe me that I am. These are the cute little babies that I watched become the self indulgent, drug ridden, alcololic inclined human beings that permeate the political and industrial as well as the business areas that are causing those who care about the human race to sit and commisserate together without a hope in hell of reaching a conclusive decision that can effect for the better in our world.

I am not a dooms day philosopher but the writing is on the wall.

When you take the worries of the world and put them on the backs of children then the very premise that childhood should be a growing area for the calamitous future they are going to face will fall into oblivion.

So then where will the next generation look to find solace. Into the prick of a needle or the neck of a bottle.

Information is not the necessity of life. Periods of growth are. the first to just be loved and taken care of. The next to give the basics to learn to trust and care outside the family circle and then the periods of learning of what we have and the value it contains for all.

After that we can show and tell them of the myriad of falls and puddles and raw heartbreak that can befall them as they continue on thils journey of llife.

Then they can accept it as a maybe.

because it is the kids with the maybes of the world that are going to change everythilng.

Maybe for you and maybe not for me but maybe for their kids.

And that is how progression is manufactured.

Jeez you must be sick of me but I do enjoy what you and everyone here has to say.
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote