View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have to say, I probably have a bit of a head start on y'all. I went thru that "home sickness" a couple of years ago. I know what you're going thru. I'll tell you - it takes time to feel at home somewhere. Our group has been together for many years [about 5], we've been thru lots of "stuff" together. It's hard to break those bonds that we have.

Maybe it's due to the bonds we have...but I feel that this group is unique. We were misfits from several of the boards when we 1st started our quests. We're probably not misfits any more, but it's hard to find a place where you feel you fit in. The technical aspect in which this group tends to deal with is not found everywhere. It's been awhile since I've been at celiac.com - that might be the closest. Delphi - again, I don't the the technical/medical spectrum is covered. There really are just a handful of CD/GS boards, and to find one that matches this groups unique abilities, might be difficult. Hence my suggestion to take it "private" [ie it's managed by the group]. Please know that I'm not saying a new home should be anything of mine - it can be anywhere. My GFNavigator forum was just an experiment for myself at this point.

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa