View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for responding!

I was injured December 2011, then August 28th, and then November 16th, but I'd only been out on disability since September 1st. I had disability insurance and had been receiving 2/3 my salary.

I did have cognitive testing in December 2012, and it came back saying I had intermediate memory loss and my short term memory was right at the threshold of concern, but not over it. However, the psychologist who administered the test determined that my memory loss was not significant. The kinds of things I would forget though made working in my job completely impossible. For example, my husband told me one night not to use the kitchen sink because the pipe under the sink had become totally unsealed, and he needed to call a plumber the next day. So the next morning, I filled up the sink with soapy water, washed the dishes, and then drained the water from the sink . . . onto the floor. I called my husband to ask him if he'd told me not to use the sink--I had some vague recollection of him saying we needed a plumber for some reason--and he confirmed that we'd had a whole conversation about it. I just couldn't remember!

Anyway, I guess the insurance company latched onto the psychologist saying my memory loss was not significant, and that's how they are denying my PCS. However, I have new eye testing to submit, showing substantial problems due to the head injuries. I also have evidence that I had been seeing a psychologist. (In their report, they'd said that I had not been seeing a psychologist for my anxiety, which my neurologist had said was contributing to my cognitive symptoms. This wasn't true. I just hadn't mentioned it to them because I hadn't thought it relevant.) I'm hoping these two things will help my case!
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote