View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Thanks Ginnie,

Just seems so long to finally see any neurologist. I can't imagine the time needed to see several. I only have the disc for the neck mri right now. They didn't give me the report. I had to call yesterday to finally get it sent over to the neuro's office. Nobody is working for me I feel. I was thinking about foregoing the arm EMG. I could see it if I had bad arm symptoms and obvious stenosis. I really don't think there is anything wrong structurally with my GI tract in terms of the swallowing. I think cranial nerves are involved.

I guess what I need to know now is if the drs. are going to investigate and work on my behalf to figure this out, or are they just going to say "well, everything looks ok and you aren't on the floor dying, so you'll just have to suffer until you have permanent nerve damage." As you can tell, I don't have much experience with this. Why am I the one to seek out an upright mri to show the spine with load? Why should I be the one to ask for a new mri with contrast? The neuro's office said they'd call back within 24 hours. Well, it's past that. I guess they are showing me. Why don't doctors call and actively engage their patients in their own care? Again, I am not seeing a neurologist because I want to.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-28-2013)