View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Annie,

I wish I could say or do something to help you feel better. Please have a virtual hug and lots of loving thoughts sent your way from us on the board.

As thorough a knowledge as you have with mainstream medicine and its treatment of MG, I can only think to look toward the alternative.

Since the fringe edge of some of the symptoms might be aggravated by underlying health issues such as your other autoimmune issues, I would systematically go through eliminating alternate possible contributors to fatigue and weakness (e.g. dehydration, mineral imbalance, inflammation). CyrexLabs http://www.cyrexlabs.com/CyrexTestsA...6/Default.aspx does testing for Gluten-Associated Cross-Reactive Foods in case there are foods or substances (besides gluten) that could be triggering a reaction in your compromised immune system. I've found similarity between the gluten-associated cross-reactive foods and some anti-inflammatory diets. Coconut water is an excellent way to stay hydrated. I think I saw somewhere you already take plenty of fish oil. Some people take turmeric for systemic inflammation (not recommended if you have vitiligo), also manuka honey which deals primarily with systemic inflammation but also supports digestion and has antibiotic properties. Since fat is important for brain function and its deficiency can affect hormones which can aggravate weakness, healthy fats would be coconut oil and avocado, and seeds & nuts such as Brazil nuts (if you're not sensitive to them). I've managed to avoid looking into alternative methods specifically dealing with MG, but perhaps someone else on the board has additional insight or ideas that could help...?

Wishing you love and comfort and strength to last through the grey days.
seishin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-02-2013), pingpongman (02-28-2013), rach73 (02-28-2013)