View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My Doctor did approve this diet. He is an endocrinologist and is monitoring, my liver, lipids, blood sugars, etc. I have been on the diet for a few weeks and my insulin requirements have remained the same but he reduced them before I started on diet. My blood sugars have steadily come down slowly but surely. This is good news for me because Blood Sugars were out of control and my insulin requirements were going up. I am going back to the doctor soon to get my blood panel rechecked,.

It has been hard for me to stay in Ketosis. My sticks do not usually show Ketones. I am moving forward. I have lost about 10 lbs which is not very much and must be water weight. Still I am in this for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter77 View Post
Hi,

I am a new member here but need some help and thought I would try out this forum.

I recently started the Ketogenic Diet. I have been trying to get into Ketosis and stay there but keep dropping out of Ketosis. I eat less than 30 grams of carbs per day but it is often under 20. I am also taking 50 units of Insulin in the mornings along with Byetta 5 mg. and Metform 4000 mg. per day. 2000 in the morning and 2000 in the evening. My blood sugars seem to be dropping slowly but I am not staying in Ketosis. Any recommendations??
Sharpshooter77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote