View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

macdebbie,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. It sound like you have been through quite an ordeal.

First, an MRI will not cause enough movement to cause damage. Your cervical spine may be very sensitive to the fine vibrations and the tension from laying still for so long may have caused some trauma.

The neuro from July 2012 is ignorant of concussion issues. Don't return to him for concussion care.

Regarding your recent auto accident, you need to find an expert in subtle brain injury, not just an attorney who represents whiplash victims. The complications from combining a concussion and whiplash can cause serious long term problems.

Your history of neck problems makes it even more of a concern.

Don't let your employer push you. If you return to work anyway, keep a journal of all the little struggles you have so if or when you have to stop working, you have adequate records of your struggles.

It is not uncommon for concussion sufferers to have soft tissue damage to the Atlas (C-1) to occiput joint. It does not have a natural structure, just ligaments and cartilage.

www.tbilaw.com and www.subtlebraininjury.com have some good information and may have a good referral to an expert attorney.

Here is a web site for a doctor who has expert knowledge about vehicle collision injuries. He has been very helpful to me with Email advice. http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/sch....cfm?WT_rank=1

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 02-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote