View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I did it again. I walked out on my MIL

The Nursing home has decided that the wing she is on needs to be remodeled. it is the original wing and thy haven't had any updates since. Yes, it is the Medicaid wing. So she had to move to the other Medicaid unit but into a semi private room. So all of the stuff she has acquired in her private room is cramped into her semi private. And she wants to keep it all. So I am going through her closet because there is no room for her potential roommate. She has taken the entire closet. She hasn't worn anything since the hospital gowns for years but she has like 5 housecoats and 10 gowns, including the two 'sexy, lacy' ones she insisted she needed. She wouldn't let me throw any of them away even though she said they as old as the hills. So we now are storing those at our house. She has wanted a refrigerator but not a little one. We found a 2.8 cubic feet b ut it won't fit in the TV spot in her old entertainment center. Well that just doens't work, she still wants it. She doesn't want the 1,7, it has to be the 2,8 or bigger. She wants to keep lunch meat, ice cream, and a lot of other stuff in it. She only needs it to put her soft drinks in.

So when we get there for our usual Thursday vist her bed was just full of things taken off walls and whatever else wouldn't fit any where else. So I got her new clothes put up, organized her other clothes, got her bed cleaned off. The whole time she is telling me that she couldn't sleep in her bed the way it is and it needs to be cleaned and made. Even after I get it cleaned off, take the nursing home bedspread off and put her own on it was like 'the bed is to high, get it down'. I dont' know howmany times she told me that. Also when I bought her her new clothes it was agreed that I would buy new brown and blue slacks to replace the ones I have had to re-hem and re-sew the crotch so many times. So I have the old ones in the J C Pennys sack and she sees that and aks what I plan on doing with that. I am not going to throw her clothes away. I am not going to let me treat me like that. We ahve had to take back so many clothes that she doesn't like after she begs us to go out and buy. So now she has 14 pair of slacks and a gazillion blouses. All in 1/2 of a closet. That's not counting the three coats that are in there. And she wants us to buy her a fur coat.

So I got up and left. She asked toldme that I was going to give her a hand. How is she going to get this done without me giving her a hand. I just told her that I had been there for 2 hours in this hot nursing home tiny room giving her a hnd and was exhausted. So I left and went out to the car to wait for DH.

She is just going to have to wheel her wh/ch over to the stack of junk in her entertainment center and pitch what wont fit in the trash can.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (02-28-2013), Jappy (02-28-2013), Judy2 (03-01-2013)