View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Parkinson's depression

My dad has either shy dragers or Parkinson's with dementia. Yesterday he went to the rehabilitation center for physical therapy. He came home so depressed and would not talk and we could not figure out what was wrong. Finally, he told us that he saw what he was going to become. He was crying. I am so worried about him now. I wish we would not have sent him to physical therapy. We did not think about him seeing the people with his same illness that are more advanced. He made the connection and now we just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advise on how to help him? How do we deal with this? At least before he was not aware of exactly what was going to happen. I told him not to let it get to him that everybody is different and he could die of old age before deteriorating to that level. I told him look at me the doctors thought I was dead and I survived liver and kidney failure. It just doesn't seem to be helping much. Any advise would be much appreciated.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-06-2013), Pikku Myy (03-04-2013)