View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Electro - I agree with

BOB about COBRA - THEY HAVE to, absolutely HAVE to send you a letter about continuing benefits....It should be sent registered or certified...and You have a very, very short window of days to respond... It's a fuzzy process to those who don't know it {I used to administer COBRA benes to upwards of 5,000 people, so I KNOW where things go wrong}

What was the effective date of your coverage? and when did you stop working [according to them...next comes the dates they enrolleld you and dis-enrolled you-important for your coverage] First call the medical plan to find out what they THINK your plan coverage dates are, then call your now former employer's personel coverage person [could be personnel or payroll] Ask them the same question but don't let them know what you know from the med. plan. Any discrepancies by the employer could set them up for trouble...trust me on this!

PM me if you need details. I realize it's harder than hard to 'hold-on!' with the pain and all uncertainties. But, this is one part I KNOW about inside-out and can help you get coverage [tho at the WHOLE cost, not just employee part-that's the rules] you are entitled to. It might be worth the costs short term-to get what you need to keep yourself together!

I'm glad you've posted...the one bad thing about the 'net is sometimes...you never know! Each of us probably can say...it could be me-and I hope someone's there....

Hugs and good thoughts till later! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote