View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have spent the past four years in your shoes. First two was told I was crazy
anxiety disorder, panic attack disorder, agoraphobia, depressed and any other label they could think of. Initially went to doc because hands were shaking and I had no energy. Here some xanax see ya. Buy the end of two years I was truly suicidal, ended up in hospital begging for help. I was sleeping 17 hours a day, hands, arms, legs were shaking from sun up to sun down. Couldn't walk , talk or think straight. Waking up in middle of night with right arm and leg moving. Long story short, was diagnosed with YOPD, lost health insurance 4 months later. So yep I am mental after being told it was all in my head for three years, can probably add PTSD to list of labels. Also was told at one point I was bipolar, I have no ideal who I am anymore. Three weeks ago met a person who was misdianoised with YOPD only to find out he had celiac disease. Like me his sypmtoms progressed quicker than normal yopd patient. So I have been attempting to go gluten free, still learning. All I can say is wow what a big difference in how I feel. I'm awake .
Tremors are 75% better, brain fog? Little . Still have no insurance so I am winging at this point. I am worried that from what I have read that I could have permanent brain damage or gluten ataxia. Through all of this I have blood pressure fluctuations also, 224/110 - 68/ 50. Also read about mood disorders can be caused by gluten, now I know why I been upside down most of my life. Right now I'm on small dose of bp med and two xanax a day. PD meds did not help, antidepressants caused suicidal thoughts. I do truly believe my medical problems are from gluten. Anyway that's my two cents.

Sammy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote