View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default To pull or not to pull...

Through further reading here, I have been able to answer the bulk of my questions below. Surgery to extract two infected RC'ed teeth is scheduled for next week. My only real concern at this point about the surgery is the risk of a sinus exposure. Can anyone interpret the XRays I have attached in terms of potential sinus involvement? Is the infection even visible on the XRay? (I can't seem to see it although I realize the images are not great).

I am now trying to look forward at a solution rather than continue to wait for abscesses and fix them as they happen, all the while knowing I have many "septic tanks" sitting in my skull. My body does not feel well at all and I cannot stand the thought of having a mess of dead teeth/ligaments/bone. I feel, though, that making the decision to pull all of my teeth is quite drastic. My teeth actually look quite good (after approx. $70,000 in restoration... if only I knew back then what I know today). Looks are deceiving, I know.

Has anyone reading here made the decision to pull them all and regretted it? Is there a threshold you should reach before making that decision? I am no longer concerned with finances or cosmetics - only my overall health, so I think the decision is obvious, but I am clearly struggling with the obvious...
cmarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote