View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Welcome!

I'm a pn/CIDP-er too! Four years now....
How you got thru it all and having a baby too, is beyond me! You are a far stronger person than I am!
I encourage you to read all the stickies at the beginning of this forum as it covers all sorts of issues, some about diagnosis, some about treatments, some about keeping it together and also about what research is going on...we have to keep up on that to keep up our HOPE!
CIDP and many PN's are very hard to diagnose...treatments vary as well. I'm getting my IVIG monthly and I don't know what I would do without it...It's an aspect I can't consider, you know what I mean?

As for stopping going out of the house...DO NOT DO THAT!! Got it? Go to the PT, do the exercises at home, if the therapist didn't give you any exercises and tools ASK FOR THEM...YOu have to work at it all the time to KEEP IT...even walking a bit...as much as you can is soo very good for you. Docs don't really think of this aspect as it's not in their purview, or consider it part of what they DO, even tho-only they can prescribe it. You have to go out of the home and just make contact with people...it's gotta help- my best friends at times are my grocery store clerk's [ask about them and their kids or grand-kids, and Dr's office staff] It is important to talk to folks, and Also those closest to you....they really cannot get a handle of what you are going thru... Folks here will help you with them and also living with this all.

Keep this extra to beat -for you & with you! - j
Hug that baby for me too!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote