View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, thanks everyone for the info. I was feeling like no one understands what I am going through - now I do.

One other question which I must decide today as my MRI is Saturday.

Tuesday I see a Neurosurgeon at a hospital in Boston that I have a lot of respect for. He was referred to me by my last well-respected neurologist who has since moved to Switzerland. I saw him in 2005 after my degenerative disc disease was discovered.

I am wondering if I should put off the MRI until I see him? The whole point of the MRI was to see the "after" of the accident since I have the "before" actually the day before the accident. However, in looking at my old MRIs that the good neurologist ordered, he ordered both with and without contrast.

If I have the MRI done as ordered - just without contrast - it may not be what the neurosurgeon wants. But then again, he may very well want me coming in with those "after" pictures.

I'm pretty sure a second MRI would not be paid covered, and I am not in a position to pay for it. I know this is all going through car insurance, but there is an 8K limit, I am told. And even with an attorney helping, judgement could be years away.

It's all such a mess....

One thing I have learned from this board, though, is just how serious this is. I'm not going to mess around with these local neurologists anymore. There are some great ones in Boston and it is worth the effort to get good care. I will get a referral to a good neurologist from the neurosurgeon.

Is it best to seek a neurologist or are there different sub-specialties that would be more appropriate?

Thank you everyone again. Finding this board has been a blessing.
macdebbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote